March – unbelievably it’s almost here!
Do you know what that means?
National Nutrition Month® ! Did you forget?
Every year a theme is chosen by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The purpose? To focus on the importance of making informed food choices and developing good eating and physical activity habits. Remember?
This year’s theme is “Put Your Best Fork Forward”. Okay, so what the heck does that mean? Well, it’s a reminder that each bite counts. In other words, you hold the tool that can help make healthier food choices. Remember, everything you eat, drink and do (or don’t do) matters.
So here are some key things to think about as this National Nutrition Month® begins:
- Create a healthy eating style by figuring out what healthful foods you enjoy.
- Cook at home and experiment with healthful ingredients.
- Eat and drink the right amount for you.
- Be physically active most days of the week doing an activity you enjoy.
- Lower health risks and manage your weight with the help of a dietitian (oh hey that’s me!)
Oh, and don’t worry – I’m here to help. Maybe, just maybe, over the next couple weeks you’ll be inspired to start making small changes in your habits – one forkful at a time.
What’s been on your fork lately?
Powered by Facebook Comments